Tuesday, June 30, 2009

How to open doors

Hi again everyone,

Late last night at around 11:30 pm, I was still up and awake and so I decided to go into the kitchen to make myself an almost midnight snack....
Pssst, don't tell anyone....

I also thought that I heard our dog outside, scratching at the door to come in. I instinctively reached for the key in the door to unlock it so that I could open it. To my dismay, the key would not turn in the lock after I tried it a few times. I'd noticed over the last 2 weeks that the lock was a bit sticky while trying to unlock the door, but was a bit lazy to do a bit of house maintenance during that time.
I then began a frustrating procedure of trying to get the key back in the lock and unlocking the door. It seemed impossible.
A little voice in my head said, "Don't force it, or you will end up breaking it in the lock". After 10 more minutes of force... which didn't do the old key any good, I gave up with the key stuck in the key hole.
I then went to bed thinking about how on earth we were going to get the door open in the morning, because Cath needed to get the car out in order to take Kelly, our daughter, to work. Our kitchen door leads to our garage where Cath's car is parked at night time.
I was up with a jolt when I heard Cath get up to start the day at 7 am. I bolted out of bed and ran to the kitchen to try and get the key to work in the lock.
I sent up a silent prayer to ask the Lord for help.... I've done this in the past and God has helped me every time with amazing practical ways of doing things that enabled me to find the solutions.
Instantly, the reply came back....
"Pull the key out, get some olive oil, and dip the front part of the key in the oil and put it back in the lock and jiggle it around and it will work". Noooo.... really..... God, you mean it is a simple as that....
Guess what, It worked !! and straight away too. The lock clicked and I was able to open the door. By the way... "Happy" our dog, was not outside all night long scratching at the door to come in. She was in her usual spot, on Matthew's bed, sleeping. I must have been hearing things again.......
"I hear voices...... but I don't see dead people.... " Remember that strange movie, about the kid who saw dead people?
Back to my story...
So... this morning I felt so good about my God inspired efforts, that I sat down and began to think about the art of opening doors and decided to write a little article to you all about how the whole door opening process works for me. I mean the opening of doors of oportunity into your destiny and purpose.
So here goes.....
In Isaiah 45:1 It says.....
"Thus says the LORD to His anointed, To Cyrus, whose right hand I have held— To subdue nations before him And loose the armor of kings, To open before him the double doors, So that the gates will not be shut....
God is the opener of doors, this we know, but I believe that we are the ones who need to do the knocking and the unlocking. There is nothing wrong with knocking and unlocking a door. This is our part, then God does His part.
Also in Matthew 16:19 Jesus told Peter that He was giving him the keys of the Kingdom. With those keys, Peter would be able to do certain things within the framework of Kingdom dynamics that would cause things to happen and other things to not happen.
Keys are important. The bible has a lot to say about keys.
Keys are a symbol of :
  • Authority
  • Access to certain places
  • The ability to close and keep things closed
  • Revelation knowledge that opens up a Kingdom benefit to the one who has understanding of what is being revealed.
I have just a few more things to add here......
  • Keys are also a symbol of relationships. Every door that needs to be opened to give us access to success, purpose and our destiny, will involve people. Our job is to keep the key of relationships well oiled. Without the oil, rust will set in, and the locks will not work when we really need them to.
  • Another symbol of the key is our talent or gifting...
    Proverbs 18:16 says, "A man's gift makes room for him, And brings him before great men."
The word, "Makes room" is the greek word, Raw-Khab, which means, "to make open wide".
Our gift, if well oiled (stirred up and practiced), and if used properly, for the right reasons, will enable us to have doors open for us, give us access to success and purpose, so that we can fulfill what we were destined for.
It is time to get the oil out again and begin to apply it to our relationships and to our giftings so that we can be a blessing to others. Oil is a symbol of our passion for God and for people. When we pursue our passion and not all the other things, then doors will open. Passion means that we will put the effort in to reap the rewards in the long run.
I hope this little thought today has helped you in some way.
How about leaving some comments about this and also telling your friends about this blog.
Hope to hear from you all out there some time soon.
Big time blessings to you all,
Much love,
Rory

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks Rory! Wow! God really spoke to me through this message, confirming the things that are going on in my life right now! He is busy opening doors for me and this post has really encouraged me. Thanx again, Jacqui.

Rory Mole said...

Hi there Jacqui,

Thanks so much for the visit and for leaving this comment. I'm so glad to know that this little article has helped you in some way.

Hope to chat soon,

Blessings,

Rory

Post a Comment

To all of you who visit this blog, welcome and may the Lord bless you richly. Please leave a comment below any of the posts here.